DevOps Security Engineer
How would you like to have an integral role making a difference in thousands of children’s lives? Come join our established (since 2002) and innovative team in Healthcare working with cutting edge technology to support medical professionals who are changing the way children are cared for all over the world.
We are looking to hire a full time, self-motivated DevOps Security Engineer to help us build the security infrastructure that is used to drive quality improvement initiatives and research at hundreds of hospitals around the world. This job is open to 100% remote candidates residing within the USA.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and integration of cyber security toolsets to enable automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of system vulnerabilities.
- Maintain compliance and security certifications.
- Run vulnerability scans and remediate any vulnerabilities.
- Collaboratively drive security incident response.
- Manage our infrastructure, including Active Directory and AWS configurations.
- Optimize AWS deployments for scalability, efficiency and security.
- Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve security and the products.
- Willingness to take ownership of security issues in a 24/7 environment.
- Help troubleshoot production issues and participate in on call rotation.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter who leads by example, and is both disciplined and accountable for delivering accurate and timely results
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Expertise in implementing and maintaining compliance (HIPAA, SOC 2, HITRUST)
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency with Active Directory, networking, and group/policy administration
- Proficiency with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux environments
- Must have proficiency with security and networking at an expert level
- Proficiency with heavy system automation and scripting
- Must have experience with AWS
- Integrating security into a deployment pipeline
- Experience and interest in healthcare
- Work with a talented team
- Full benefits including a matching 401k program
- Work with amazing customers (physicians / hospitals) who care deeply about improving care and outcomes for their patients
- Help saves lives and improve outcomes for kids
Virtual Pediatric Systems, LLC (“VPS”, www.myvps.org) has grown from a small group of intensivists to a national organization with over 135 hospital units. The data base is the largest collaborative for quality improvement based on severity of illness adjusted comparisons of actual, detailed patient records in critical care. This is a unique achievement.
Based on this achievement, VPS provides state of the art quality reports that are detailed, actionable and comprehensive for practitioners and hospital administrations. VPS has improved the quality of critical care, built the largest national research collaborative, supported the publication of 100+ papers and contributed to saving thousands of children’s lives.
In the future, VPS is ideally situated to expand from providing quality assessments to providing decision support, detailed outcomes tracking, discovery and prediction of adverse events and truly effective comparative research on hundreds of thousands of critically ill children. This will be achieved on top of VPS’s already successful and vibrant critical care network by adding automated data collection and sophisticated data analysis being pioneered by researchers working with VPS developing an advanced computational framework for decision support in critically ill children.
Everyone on the VPS team is passionate and genuinely believes in and is proud to help VPS's mission to improve critical care quality and outcomes for all children and their families through collaborative high-quality data management and actionable comparative reports for clinicians and other health care leaders.